Friday, August 7, 2009

First Post

So my idea for this blog is two-fold. First, to write about my experience as a law student whether they be good, bad, or indifferent. Second, to give some insight (maybe) to others who are considering law as a career.

There's actually a third reason for this experiment, wasting my valuable time with an unneeded distraction.

So I'll start this off with a quick update. Went to campus the other day and picked up my student ID. As a non-trad student, it has been quite some time since I have had a student id. One more thing to add to the surrealness I have been feeling lately. Stopped by the bookstore to see if my required books were in. They were. I was interested in finding out how much value the university placed on these items and tossed around the idea of maybe picking up one of my casebooks just to get an idea of what to expect. After looking at price tags I then promptly left. I've been all over half.com, amazon, and ebay the last few days looking for deals. After complaining on Facebook about the cost, a very gracious friend who just graduated from SMU School of Law gave me some good advice. Basically, buy earlier editions and whatever cases aren't in the book you can obtain from Westlaw. Nice.

So I'll continue the hunting of books that don't cost as much as a car. Not sure what kind of luck I'll have.

No comments:

Post a Comment